Do you find your energy levels crash around 3 or 4 pm and you need that caffeine boost? Crave sugar or carbohydrates especially in the afternoon? Need to eat every few hours or you feel light-headed? Get a second wind of energy in the evenings then have trouble sleeping? These can all be signs of adrenal fatigue.
Our stressful, fast paced lives, lack of routines, and constant worry- is the prefect recipe to burnout the adrenal glands.
So what are your adrenal glands? The adrenals are small organs that sit above the kidneys and are like the battery of your body. They are responsible for regulating your flight or fight response and to help keep you going in times of stress. But all too often we remain in these stressed states for too long, causing these “batteries” to burn out.
Common symptoms of overworked adrenal glands include:
- Fatigue that isn’t relieved by sleep/rest
- Blood sugar imbalances
- Food cravings (especially for carbohydrates, salt, and chocolate)
- Lowered immunity or chronic infections
- Weight gain (especially around the mid-section)
- Mood changes
- Decreased tolerance for stress
- Frequent colds/flus
- Low libido
Sounds like you? Support healthy adrenal function:
- Eat regularly, maintain healthy blood sugar balance by including protein at each meal (especially breakfast!).
- Exercise gently (walking, stretching, or yoga) until your adrenals have healed and your energy has improved
- Sleep hygiene– keep your bedroom completely dark, quiet, and cool to allow your body to maximize rest and rebuilding during sleep.
- Consider taking a B Complex to provide your adrenal glands with the necessary nutrients to make hormones like cortisol and DHEA.
Get your cortisol and adrenal function tested – Through salivary testing we can get a clearer picture of your adrenal health and I can develop an individual treatment plan to address your specific concerns. Contact me to day to get started: www.mobilenatmed.com , email: email@example.com